Monthly Archives: May 2012
Today, we reflect upon all of those who have made the ultimate sacrifice to defend the freedom of our great country. This weekend we celebrate the lives of these individuals through the observance of Memorial Day.
A quick history lesson – Memorial Day was originally called Decoration Day, a day of remembrance of those who have died in our nation’s service. Memorial Day was first observed on May 30, 1868, where flowers were laid at the graves of Confederate soldiers at Arlington National Cemetery.
As fellow Americans, let’s unite during this most sacred of holidays to honor those who have allowed us to enjoy our freedom and diversity. Whether you attend a parade to honor military personnel, or visit Arlington National Cemetery to say “thank you,” or simply observe a moment of silence, it is important to always remember that freedom isn’t “free” – and it is this price that we honor on this holiday.
Have a wonderful Holiday!
Happy pre-Memorial Day Weekend!
In the event you happen to be shopping for a car this weekend, I thought I’d write up a quick blog post about all-new offers right from the manufacturers that could save you thousand’s on a new vehicle this weekend! Before you go out shopping be sure to do your homework – there are a lot of resources out there to help you find the right vehicle for your needs!
Here are a few new offers that were just announced for this weekend only:
- Toyota: 0% APR for 60 months on 7 models: RAV-4, Corolla, Venza, Sienna, Highlander, Tundra (B/C Cab) and Tundra CrewMax; $500 Customer Bonus Cash on Corolla, RAV-4 and Highlander; or $199 lease on the all-new 2012 Toyota Camry!
- Chevrolet: 0% APR for 60 months on Malibu; or $159/month lease on Cruze; or 0% for 60 months on the rugged Silverado!
- Ford: up to $2,000 off Ford Focus; up to $3,250 off Ford Fusion; or up to $3,250 off 2012 Escape – or 0% APR for 60 months!
- Kia: up to $6,000 Optima; up to $4,000 off Sportage; up to $7,000 off Sorento; or up to $4,000 off Forte
- Jeep: Sign n’ Drive Event featuring Grand Cherokee for $389/month and $0 due-at-signing; Wrangler for $369/month and $0 due-at-signing; or Patriot for $279/month and $0 due-at-signing.
Also to be sure to check out Koons.com and view all of our inventory of over 5,000 vehicles and 16 automotive brands that we represent. Another great resource for car shopping this weekend is AOL Auto’s column on Memorial Day vehicle savings.
Whatever you’re doing this weekend – make it a Happy and Safe Holiday weekend!
Huge kudos to our Chevrolet-Buick-GMC team at Koons GM Corner for recently being awarded Chevrolet’s prestigious “Mark of Excellence” Award for 2011, which recognizes excellence in sales and customer service. The annual award, which benchmarks dealerships on customer service requirements, sales objectives and facility and training requirements, was bestowed upon only 20% of dealerships in the Northern Virginia area.
The dealership – one of the region’s largest Chevrolet dealers – recently completed a major renovation in 2011 to its Chevrolet and Buick/GMC showrooms. Be sure to come by and visit our new state-of-the-art dealership in Tysons Corner and be prepared to be “WOW’d” by our amazing staff!
We couldn’t have achieved this amazing award without the help of our loyal customers and dedicated staff. Thank you to everyone for a great 2011!