Category Archives: Toyota
What a year we’ve had and the last 25 days has been amazing!
As we said when we kicked off the 25 Days of Giving program, Koons Automotive takes pride in giving back to the communities in which we are located. For the past fifty years that we have been in existence we always find ways to help where it makes the most sense. This year we launched our “Koons 25 Days of giving” where we gave to 25 charities (well actually 29, but who’s counting), here is a list of all the groups we helped out:
- 12/1/13 – Urban Alliance, Tysons VA
- 12/2/13 – Habitat for Humanity, Easton MD
- 12/3/13 – Boys and Girls Club of Westminster, Westminster MD
- 12/3/13 – Carroll Hospice, Westminster MD
- 12/4/13 – Salvation Army, Arlington VA
- 12/5/13 – Phillips Program, Arlington VA
- 12/6/13 – Jill’s House, Tysons VA
- 12/7/13 – Cancer Center, Westminster MD
- 12/8/13 – March of Dimes, Annapolis MD
- 12/9/13 – Easton Church of God – Al Trojanowski, Easton MD
- 12/10/13 – Children’s Charities Foundation, Arlington VA
- 12/10/13 – Jubilee Housing, Arlington VA
- 12/11/13 – Dreams for Kids – Holiday for Hope, Tysons VA
- 12/12/13 – YMCA of the Chesapeake, Easton MD
- 12/13/13 – Target Community, Westminster MD
- 12/13/13 – Human Services Programs of Carroll County, Westminster MD
- 12/14/13 – Anne Arundel County Literacy Council, Annapolis MD
- 12/15/13 – L’Arche Greater Washington, Arlington VA
- 12/16/13 – Don Bosco Cristo Rey, Tysons VA
- 12/17/13 – Alternative House, Tysons VA
- 12/18/13 – Youth Leadership Foundation, Tysons VA
- 12/19/13 – Carroll County Senior Center, Westminster MD
- 12/20/13 – Autism Speaks, Annapolis MD
- 12/21/13 – First Book, Tysons VA
- 12/22/13 – Deaf Independent Living Association, Easton MD
- 12/23/13 – Penn-Marr, Westminster, MD
- 12/24/13 – JDRF, Annapolis MD
- 12/24/13 – Chive Charities, Annapolis MD
- 12/25/13 – Our Military Kids, Tysons VA
Here is a link to the 25 Days of Giving Facebook Photo Album for this years efforts.
Giving anyone anything is always fun, and along the way we had to modify our plans and accommodate some of you who took us up on our challenge to match our donations, so that made this year’s giving even more fun. Specifically, we added a donation to the Salvation Army who had some of their holiday donations stolen. We also had a few organizations reach out to us as they heard what we were doing and we were able to help them as well! The kind words of support and notes of encouragement have been great and as a company we are certainly blessed to be able to help out like this.
We’re looking forward to giving more in next year, so stay tuned, and Happy 2014!
Over the next 10 days Koons Automotive will continue giving a donation a day to local area charities. Here is a recap of the different groups that Koons helped:
- December 16 – This past weekend, Koons donated to the Human Services Programs of Carroll County, Inc., L’Arche Greater Washington, DC, and the Anne Arundel County Literacy Council!
- December 17 – Continuing Koons 25 Days of Giving, up next was a donation to Don Bosco Cristo Rey High School from Koons Tysons Toyota!
- December 18 – Day 17 of Koons “25 Days of Giving” was to Alternative House!
- December 19 – 25 Days of Giving at Koons continues with a donation to the Youth Leadership Foundation from Koons Tysons Toyota!
- December 20 – Today’s donation for Koons “25 Days of Giving” went to the Carroll County Senior Center!
- December 20 – Last year we donated a brand new van, fully equipped to help Ryan Diviney so he could more easily get to Doctors appointments and move around his home town, which included being able to go on the family’s annual holiday outing (see the picture above), we’re glad we could help. If you’re not familiar with Ryan’s story here is a link to their web site
Check back next week, we’ll be closing out this year’s giving and reviewing each charity we shared with and their contact info. That way you can easily follow our lead and give back as well! We would love to hear from you about how you’ve helped, so share your story below in the comments.
Happy Holidays from all of us here at Jim Koons Automotive!
If you’re looking for the car that is considered the best overall value among all models, Consumer Reports says look no further than the Toyota Prius, The Detroit News reports today. Consumer Reports awarded the Best New-Car Value honor to Prius for the second straight year and lauds it as having “outstanding reliability and the lowest estimated five-year ownership costs at 47 cents per mile.”
The automaker also has top models in three of the 10 categories on the best-value list. In addition to taking the top overall ranking, Prius took first place in the compact/subcompact category. The Avalon Hybrid Limited scored highest among large cars, and the ES 300h was top luxury car.
Click here for further details on best value vehicles.
Corolla L Corolla LE Corolla LE Eco Corolla S
Hello Toyota Fans!
We’re so excited for the launch of the all-new 2014 Toyota Corolla! Toyota created a stylish exterior, a premium interior with upgraded features, and enough technology to satisfy your entire network. They took the best of everything we love about driving and perfected it. Corolla has truly evolved!
The all-new 2014 Toyota Corolla comes in 4 different models, each with its own exciting options:
2014 Toyota Corolla L
- Bluetooth® connectivity
- USB port
- LED headlights and Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Power windows
- Eight airbags
2014 Toyota Corolla LE
- Available Entune Audio with 6.1-in. touch-screen display
- Integrated backup camera with projected path
- Remote keyless entry
- Automatic climate control
- Cruise control
2014 Toyota Corolla LE Eco
- EPA-estimated 42 mpg
- Valvematic engine technology
- Integrated rear spoiler
2014 Toyota Corolla S
- Unique piano-black front grille
- Integrated rear spoiler
- Integrated fog lights
- Chrome-tipped exhaust
- Leather-trimmed steering wheel
- 3.5-in. TFT Multi-Information Display
So, what makes the all-new 2014 Toyota Corolla so great?
Can efficiency be exciting? When it means an EPA-estimated 42 highway mpg and 30 city mpg,it can. Corolla LE Eco was designed with a thirst for adventure, not fuel, because no one takes a trip and wants to talk about all the gas stations they visited.
Entune Premium Audio with Navigation and App Suite
Technology to make life easier. Available Entune Premium Audio with Navigation and App Suite brings a whole new level of tech and convenience to Corolla with a 6.1-in. touch-screen display, backup camera, navigation and a suite of apps to help you stay connected.
Koons Arlington Toyota: serving customers in Arlington VA, Springfield VA, Alexandria VA and Washington DC
Koons Annapolis Toyota: serving customers in Annapolis MD, Bowie MD, Clarksville MD, Laurel MD and Baltimore MD
Koons Easton Toyota: serving customers in Easton MD, Cambridge MD, Salisbury MD and the entire Eastern Shore of Maryland
Koons Tysons Toyota: serving customers in Tysons Corner VA, Vienna VA, Fairfax VA, Chantilly VA, Leesburg VA, Sterling VA, Reston VA, Springfield VA, Woodbridge VA and the entire Washington DC area
Koons Westminster Toyota: serving customers in Westminster MD, Frederick MD, Hanover PA, and Baltimore MD
Stop in to one of our Toyota locations for a test drive of the all-new 2014 Toyota Corolla!
We’re so excited to offer our Annapolis MD customers an all-new experience at Koons Annapolis Toyota! The renovation of the entire Koons Annapolis Toyota complex is quickly underway, with Phase I almost complete: the state-of-the-art Toyota Certified Service Center.
Once the Service Center is complete (early-September), the construction crew will move to the new car showroom which should be complete by year-end.
Service customers will encounter a completely new and improved service experience at our new facility, including:
- 50% more service bays (34 total) means faster service!
- Drive-in service lanes provide fast and convenient service to all customers.
- Complimentary car wash with service provides a squeaky clean vehicle upon redelivery. Also, our car wash uses recycled water to help limit runoff that damages the environment!
- State-of-the-Art customer lounge complete with free wi-fi, comfortable accommodations and a fireplace to make you feel right at home!
- Double the parking!
- Shuttle service available to all service customers.
- Onsite Toyota Rent-a-Car
“We are so excited to provide our customers an all-new service experience at the only Certified Toyota Service & Collision Center in Annapolis. Be sure to stop by and see our new look!” –Wendell Williams, General Manager
And, as always, we have many service specials for all of our Toyota customers. See all service specials here.
Be sure to check back for regular updates of our construction!