If you’re looking for the car that is considered the best overall value among all models, Consumer Reports says look no further than the Toyota Prius, The Detroit News reports today. Consumer Reports awarded the Best New-Car Value honor to Prius for the second straight year and lauds it as having “outstanding reliability and the lowest estimated five-year ownership costs at 47 cents per mile.”
The automaker also has top models in three of the 10 categories on the best-value list. In addition to taking the top overall ranking, Prius took first place in the compact/subcompact category. The Avalon Hybrid Limited scored highest among large cars, and the ES 300h was top luxury car.
Click here for further details on best value vehicles.
This is the time of year to give and Koons has always felt that giving back to the community is a way to demonstrate good corporate stewardship. We are hoping more corporations will follow our lead and donate to local charities.
As Koons kicks off its “25 Days of Giving,” we would like to issue a challenge to other local area businesses to give as well! Koons Automotive has always given back to the surrounding communities of its dealerships. Those donations include gifts to area food banks, shelters, youth programs, disabled veterans, and many more.
Koons 25 Days of Giving is a program designed to provide local organizations and services with cash donations. Each day, for the next 25 days, Koons Automotive will be highlighting one local organization by giving them a donation to help in their daily operations or services. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter as we help these worthwhile organizations.
Koons is a company that is blessed with strong leadership and smart employees who have always been able to weather economic slowdowns and financial hardships with little to no adverse effects. Through the lean years, Koons has been able to maintain strong alliances and support of our vendors and suppliers. They in turn have benefited from the strong leadership and have grown as well. They are a big part of why we are able to give this time of year. It is a team effort and Koons is happy to be able to be able to help out.
This year Koons Automotive will be sharing its prosperity with over 30 organizations throughout the DelMarVa region. The list of receiving organizations is varied but includes senior and youth groups, homeless and women’s shelters, cancer survivors groups, and veterans.
Donating this time of year is a good thing to do and benefits everyone. Individuals and small businesses that donate money or time and services can lower their tax profiles and take advantage of different matches and incentives offered by other large companies and national corporations specifically designed to spur greater giving.
But as a small business or individual you should always be careful of who and how you donate, fraud runs rampant around this subject, so donate wisely. You should also be aware of some of the rules around charitable donations and avoid some of the legal pitfalls. Here are a few bullet points on the subject:
- Monetary contributions – Cash or other monetary contributions may be tax deductible as long as they are not set aside for use by a specific person. Contributions must also be made during the tax year to be eligible for a deduction, regardless of the accounting method you use.
- Donations of property, including business inventory – These are also considered a valid tax deduction. Donations are evaluated and deducted based on their fair market value (basically what a consumer would pay for these goods in an open market). Deductions are limited in most cases to 50 percent of your adjusted gross income.
- Volunteering – While you can’t deduct the value of your service, you can deduct certain expenses incurred and related to your volunteer work. For example, if you host a party or fundraiser for the organization, you can deduct the costs. Other deductibles include supplies (e.g. stationery), the costs of a uniform and telephone expenses.
- Benefits you receive as a result of your charitable contributions – If you received something in return for your donation, you can only deduct the amount of your contribution that is over and above the value of the benefit you receive. For example, say you attended a fundraiser and placed a winning bid on a weekend in Las Vegas where the trip is valued at $2,500, but you actually bid $5,000. Your deductible contribution (i.e. the fair market value of the trip, in this instance), is the value of your total contribution ($5,000, minus the benefit you receive ($2,500), for an allowable charitable contribution deduction of $2,500.
When in doubt, consult your accountant or tax attorney and always keep good records.
This is an absolute must when it comes to preparing your taxes and ensuring you can back up your deduction claims should the IRS initiate an audit. If you have any concerns the IRS offers information on the records you need to keep for monetary, non-monetary and out-of-pocket cash expenses when donating your services click here for more on that subject.
Check back over the next 25 days. We will be spotlighting each charity and sharing their contact info so you can follow our lead and give back, too! We would love to hear from you about how you’ve helped, so share your story below.
Happy Holidays from all of us here at Jim Koons Automotive!
Happy Friday, and Happy Columbus Day Weekend!
We’re so excited to officially kick off our Columbus Day Savings Event right now! Get started now on Koons.com, and start saving on OVER 7,000 new and used cars! That’s right – 7 THOUSAND! We’re proud to offer all of our customers an array of brands such as Toyota, Ford, Lexus, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Nissan, Volvo, Mazda, Lincoln, Kia, Mercedes-Benz and much, much more!
Here are just a few of the incredible offers we have ongoing during our Columbus Day event*:
- $1,000 Customer Cash or 0% for 60 Months on Toyota Camry
- Lease the all-new 2014 Toyota Corolla for as low as $179/month
- Get up to 0%/60 months and up to $4,000 Customer Cash on Ford Energi models: Fusion, C-Max or BEV
- Get up to $2,000 Bonus Cash AND 0%/60 months on the Ford Escape
- Lease the all-new 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee from $319/month
- Lease a Chevy Cruze from only $149/month
- Get up to $4,500 off MSRP on Chevy Silverado
- Lease a Kia Sorento as low as $239/month
- Lease a Nissan Sentra from $159/month
But the savings don’t stop there! Be sure to log onto http://www.koons.com to start finding your new ride today!
*Certain restrictions apply. For full incentive descriptions, please visit http://www.koons.com or your dealer.
Corolla L Corolla LE Corolla LE Eco Corolla S
Hello Toyota Fans!
We’re so excited for the launch of the all-new 2014 Toyota Corolla! Toyota created a stylish exterior, a premium interior with upgraded features, and enough technology to satisfy your entire network. They took the best of everything we love about driving and perfected it. Corolla has truly evolved!
The all-new 2014 Toyota Corolla comes in 4 different models, each with its own exciting options:
2014 Toyota Corolla L
- Bluetooth® connectivity
- USB port
- LED headlights and Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Power windows
- Eight airbags
2014 Toyota Corolla LE
- Available Entune Audio with 6.1-in. touch-screen display
- Integrated backup camera with projected path
- Remote keyless entry
- Automatic climate control
- Cruise control
2014 Toyota Corolla LE Eco
- EPA-estimated 42 mpg
- Valvematic engine technology
- Integrated rear spoiler
2014 Toyota Corolla S
- Unique piano-black front grille
- Integrated rear spoiler
- Integrated fog lights
- Chrome-tipped exhaust
- Leather-trimmed steering wheel
- 3.5-in. TFT Multi-Information Display
So, what makes the all-new 2014 Toyota Corolla so great?
Can efficiency be exciting? When it means an EPA-estimated 42 highway mpg and 30 city mpg,it can. Corolla LE Eco was designed with a thirst for adventure, not fuel, because no one takes a trip and wants to talk about all the gas stations they visited.
Entune Premium Audio with Navigation and App Suite
Technology to make life easier. Available Entune Premium Audio with Navigation and App Suite brings a whole new level of tech and convenience to Corolla with a 6.1-in. touch-screen display, backup camera, navigation and a suite of apps to help you stay connected.
Koons Arlington Toyota: serving customers in Arlington VA, Springfield VA, Alexandria VA and Washington DC
Koons Annapolis Toyota: serving customers in Annapolis MD, Bowie MD, Clarksville MD, Laurel MD and Baltimore MD
Koons Easton Toyota: serving customers in Easton MD, Cambridge MD, Salisbury MD and the entire Eastern Shore of Maryland
Koons Tysons Toyota: serving customers in Tysons Corner VA, Vienna VA, Fairfax VA, Chantilly VA, Leesburg VA, Sterling VA, Reston VA, Springfield VA, Woodbridge VA and the entire Washington DC area
Koons Westminster Toyota: serving customers in Westminster MD, Frederick MD, Hanover PA, and Baltimore MD
Stop in to one of our Toyota locations for a test drive of the all-new 2014 Toyota Corolla!
We’re so excited to offer our Annapolis MD customers an all-new experience at Koons Annapolis Toyota! The renovation of the entire Koons Annapolis Toyota complex is quickly underway, with Phase I almost complete: the state-of-the-art Toyota Certified Service Center.
Once the Service Center is complete (early-September), the construction crew will move to the new car showroom which should be complete by year-end.
Service customers will encounter a completely new and improved service experience at our new facility, including:
- 50% more service bays (34 total) means faster service!
- Drive-in service lanes provide fast and convenient service to all customers.
- Complimentary car wash with service provides a squeaky clean vehicle upon redelivery. Also, our car wash uses recycled water to help limit runoff that damages the environment!
- State-of-the-Art customer lounge complete with free wi-fi, comfortable accommodations and a fireplace to make you feel right at home!
- Double the parking!
- Shuttle service available to all service customers.
- Onsite Toyota Rent-a-Car
“We are so excited to provide our customers an all-new service experience at the only Certified Toyota Service & Collision Center in Annapolis. Be sure to stop by and see our new look!” –Wendell Williams, General Manager
And, as always, we have many service specials for all of our Toyota customers. See all service specials here.
Be sure to check back for regular updates of our construction!