Happy Friday, and Happy Columbus Day Weekend!
We’re so excited to officially kick off our Columbus Day Savings Event right now! Get started now on Koons.com, and start saving on OVER 7,000 new and used cars! That’s right – 7 THOUSAND! We’re proud to offer all of our customers an array of brands such as Toyota, Ford, Lexus, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Nissan, Volvo, Mazda, Lincoln, Kia, Mercedes-Benz and much, much more!
Here are just a few of the incredible offers we have ongoing during our Columbus Day event*:
- $1,000 Customer Cash or 0% for 60 Months on Toyota Camry
- Lease the all-new 2014 Toyota Corolla for as low as $179/month
- Get up to 0%/60 months and up to $4,000 Customer Cash on Ford Energi models: Fusion, C-Max or BEV
- Get up to $2,000 Bonus Cash AND 0%/60 months on the Ford Escape
- Lease the all-new 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee from $319/month
- Lease a Chevy Cruze from only $149/month
- Get up to $4,500 off MSRP on Chevy Silverado
- Lease a Kia Sorento as low as $239/month
- Lease a Nissan Sentra from $159/month
But the savings don’t stop there! Be sure to log onto http://www.koons.com to start finding your new ride today!
*Certain restrictions apply. For full incentive descriptions, please visit http://www.koons.com or your dealer.
Thanks to our friends at BWW Geeks World for this article and the great tips!
When it comes to today’s high tech cars and trucks, most drivers understand that following a scheduled maintenance program almost always costs less than paying for expensive repair surprises down the road. But which mistakes, bad decisions and missed maintenance items do the most damage to your vehicles? CarMD.com Corporation surveyed its team of Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)-certified Master Technicians, which has more than 840 years of combined experience repairing cars, to reveal the following top 10 maintenance mistakes car owners make when caring (or not caring) for their vehicles.
- Putting off recommended / scheduled maintenance
- Ignoring the “check engine” light
- Not changing the oil, or not having it changed on time
- Not checking tire pressure
- Neglecting coolant, brake, transmission and other fluid services
- Continuing to drive when the vehicle is overheating
- Not changing fuel and air filters
- Having unqualified shops service your vehicle
- Using generic aftermarket parts instead of original equipment manufacturer (OEM)-quality parts
- Trying to service your own high-tech vehicle
“When consumers fail to properly maintain their vehicles, the resulting repair costs dwarf the money that could have been budgeted to maintain their car” —Art Jacobsen, vice president, CarMD.com Corporation.
“As a result, CarMD reached out to our ASE-certified Master Tech committee to confirm the top 10 most damaging mistakes drivers make. We believe this information will help consumers save money in the long run and plan better as they care for what is often their second largest purchase.”
No. 3 in the top 10, “not changing your oil” was also listed by technicians as by far the single most damaging car maintenance item that their customers neglect that they wish they could change. Dirty oil ruins today’s high-tech engines. Camshaft actuators can freeze when restricted by dirty oil, and a faulty camshaft actuator can in turn cause the “check engine” light to illuminate, resulting in complete engine failure if ignored for too long. Simply following the factory-recommended oil change schedule helps vehicle owners avoid this problem, along with potentially hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in extra repair costs.
Ignoring the “check engine” light is another example of how putting off repairs on a small problem can escalate to an expensive repair. According to the CarMD Vehicle Health Index, the most common reason for a “check engine” light is a faulty oxygen (O2) sensor. A dirty air filter (<$20 repair) can result in an O2 sensor failure (<$250 repair), which can in turn result in substantial gas mileage reduction, cause the vehicle to misfire and eventually result in the need for an expensive catalytic converter replacement (>$1,000 repair). That’s why it’s so important to have your car’s air filter replaced as recommended by your service manual, and to address “check engine” warnings as soon as possible.
Please be sure to follow your factory-recommended maintenance schedule to ensure the health of your vehicle!
Have a great week!
Can you believe it’s almost Labor Day? Ford is making this Labor Day extra special with some incredible incentives!
Koons Ford is proud to announce the 2013 Ford Labor Day Sales Event, going on for a limited time! Choose from thousands of Koons Ford vehicles at all four Koons locations – Koons Baltimore Ford, Koons Silver Spring Ford, Koons Falls Church Ford, and Koons Sterling Ford. Choose from thousands of Koons Ford new vehicles at special WOW prices, now through Labor Day! Fill out the form to the right and someone will be in contact with you.
The Ford Labor Day Sales Event offers 0% financing for 60 months PLUS incredible Ford Bonus Cash up to $3,000 AND No Payments for 90 Days on 12 popular Ford models:
- 2014 & 2013 Ford Mustang
- 2014 & 2013 Ford Focus
- 2013 Ford Fiesta
- 2013 Ford C-max Energi
- 2013 Ford Fusion
- 2013 Ford F-150
- 2013 Ford F-250
- 2013 Ford Escape
- 2013 Ford Edge
- 2013 Ford Expedition
- 2013 Ford Taurus
- 2013 Ford Flex
For only a limited time, get 0% APR for 60 months PLUS up to $3,000 Bonus Cash from Ford, AND no payments for 90 days. Specific incentives include*:
2013 Fiesta, 2013 C-max Energi, 2013 Fusion Energi, 2014 Focus, 2014 Mustang
- Koons Baltimore Ford, serving customers in Ellicott City MD, Gaithersburg MD, Glen Burnie MD, Columbia MD and all around the Baltimore MD area.
- Koons Silver Spring Ford, serving customers in Silver Spring MD, Wheaton MD, Bethesda MD, Rockville MD, Gaithersburg MD, Lanham MD, Annapolis MD and Washington DC.
- Koons Falls Church Ford, serving customers in Arlington VA, Falls Church VA, Alexandria VA, Springfield VA, Woodbridge VA, Tysons Corner VA, Vienna VA and all around the Washington DC area.
- Koons Sterling Ford, serving customers in Sterling VA, Reston VA, Herndon VA, Chantilly VA, Manassas VA, Fairfax VA, Leesburg VA, Tysons Corner VA, Vienna VA and all around the Washington DC area.
I hope everyone has a great rest of Summer, and Labor Day!
Happy pre-Memorial Day Weekend!
In the event you happen to be shopping for a car this weekend, I thought I’d write up a quick blog post about all-new offers right from the manufacturers that could save you thousand’s on a new vehicle this weekend! Before you go out shopping be sure to do your homework – there are a lot of resources out there to help you find the right vehicle for your needs!
Here are a few new offers that were just announced for this weekend only:
- Toyota: 0% APR for 60 months on 7 models: RAV-4, Corolla, Venza, Sienna, Highlander, Tundra (B/C Cab) and Tundra CrewMax; $500 Customer Bonus Cash on Corolla, RAV-4 and Highlander; or $199 lease on the all-new 2012 Toyota Camry!
- Chevrolet: 0% APR for 60 months on Malibu; or $159/month lease on Cruze; or 0% for 60 months on the rugged Silverado!
- Ford: up to $2,000 off Ford Focus; up to $3,250 off Ford Fusion; or up to $3,250 off 2012 Escape – or 0% APR for 60 months!
- Kia: up to $6,000 Optima; up to $4,000 off Sportage; up to $7,000 off Sorento; or up to $4,000 off Forte
- Jeep: Sign n’ Drive Event featuring Grand Cherokee for $389/month and $0 due-at-signing; Wrangler for $369/month and $0 due-at-signing; or Patriot for $279/month and $0 due-at-signing.
Also to be sure to check out Koons.com and view all of our inventory of over 5,000 vehicles and 16 automotive brands that we represent. Another great resource for car shopping this weekend is AOL Auto’s column on Memorial Day vehicle savings.
Whatever you’re doing this weekend – make it a Happy and Safe Holiday weekend!
The 2012 Washington Auto Show is coming up and we couldn’t be more excited!
The first day kicks off at noon on Friday, January 27th with over 700 makes and models on display! Ride & Drives for Toyota, Fiat, and Cadillac will be running all week from 12pm to 10pm at night. In addition, be sure to attend the Advanced Technology SuperHighway, where over 28 automotive manufacturers will present 65,000 square feet of modern innovations in automotive safety and green technology.
Of all the cars on display, there are a few that you’ve got to see. One of which is the Volvo XC60 Plug-In Hybrid Concept, a vehicle that could deliver 270 horsepower and get as much as 100 mpg! One of the best designs from recent auto shows is the 2013 Ford Fusion, a car that has garnered long stares and has already earned an award for “Best Production Vehicle” by Eyes on Design at NAIAS in Detroit.
For enthusiasts, a must-see is the all-new 2013 Scion FR-S which was created under a partnership between Toyota and Subaru to create a domineering sports coupe. We think that they’ve done just that.
2013 Scion FR-S
There are also giveaways, contests, and much, much more. So with everything that’s going on, we hope to see you there!
Here is a list of featured manufacturers that will be on display:
For directions, schedule of events, hours of operation and media galleries click here: www.washingtonautoshow.com