Monthly Archives: August 2013
Happy Labor Day!
This weekend, please take some time to remember the reason for the holiday, and to honor the social and economic achievements of all American workers. This Labor Day, let’s celebrate what makes our country great – hard work and determination!
In addition, be sure to take advantage of our incredible offers this weekend – and they all end on Monday! Here are a few of the many offers we have available at various Koons locations. For specific details and to view our inventory and locations, head over to Koons.com where thousands of vehicles await you!
- 0% APR for 60 months PLUS up to $3,000 Cash Back PLUS No Payments for 90 Days on 12 different models!
- $500 Holiday Bonus Cash on Camry. This offer can be combined with all other incentives.
- 0% APR for 60 months on Corolla.
- 0% APR for 60 months + up to $750 Customer Cash on Prius.
- $500 Holiday Bonus Cash on all Chevrolet-brand vehicles in addition to current incentives. Excludes 2013 Silverado Ext Cab and CrewCab.
- 0% APR for 60 months or up to $2,500 Customer Cash on Malibu.
- 0% APR for 36 months or up to $1,500 Customer Cash on Camaro.
- $500 Holiday Bonus Cash in addition to all incentives on Nissan Altima, Sentra, Pathfinder and Rogue.
- 0% APR for 60 months + $1,100 Customer Cash on Altima.
- 0% APR for 60 months + $2,800 Customer Cash on Rogue.
Plus, incredible savings and WOW pricing, only at Koons, on vehicles from Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Volvo, Mazda, Lincoln, Kia, Lexus and Mercedes-Benz! Check out Koons.com for the entire list!
Wishing you and your family a Happy and Safe Labor Day,
We’re so excited to offer our Annapolis MD customers an all-new experience at Koons Annapolis Toyota! The renovation of the entire Koons Annapolis Toyota complex is quickly underway, with Phase I almost complete: the state-of-the-art Toyota Certified Service Center.
Once the Service Center is complete (early-September), the construction crew will move to the new car showroom which should be complete by year-end.
Service customers will encounter a completely new and improved service experience at our new facility, including:
- 50% more service bays (34 total) means faster service!
- Drive-in service lanes provide fast and convenient service to all customers.
- Complimentary car wash with service provides a squeaky clean vehicle upon redelivery. Also, our car wash uses recycled water to help limit runoff that damages the environment!
- State-of-the-Art customer lounge complete with free wi-fi, comfortable accommodations and a fireplace to make you feel right at home!
- Double the parking!
- Shuttle service available to all service customers.
- Onsite Toyota Rent-a-Car
“We are so excited to provide our customers an all-new service experience at the only Certified Toyota Service & Collision Center in Annapolis. Be sure to stop by and see our new look!” –Wendell Williams, General Manager
And, as always, we have many service specials for all of our Toyota customers. See all service specials here.
Be sure to check back for regular updates of our construction!
Thanks to our friends at BWW Geeks World for this article and the great tips!
When it comes to today’s high tech cars and trucks, most drivers understand that following a scheduled maintenance program almost always costs less than paying for expensive repair surprises down the road. But which mistakes, bad decisions and missed maintenance items do the most damage to your vehicles? CarMD.com Corporation surveyed its team of Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)-certified Master Technicians, which has more than 840 years of combined experience repairing cars, to reveal the following top 10 maintenance mistakes car owners make when caring (or not caring) for their vehicles.
- Putting off recommended / scheduled maintenance
- Ignoring the “check engine” light
- Not changing the oil, or not having it changed on time
- Not checking tire pressure
- Neglecting coolant, brake, transmission and other fluid services
- Continuing to drive when the vehicle is overheating
- Not changing fuel and air filters
- Having unqualified shops service your vehicle
- Using generic aftermarket parts instead of original equipment manufacturer (OEM)-quality parts
- Trying to service your own high-tech vehicle
“When consumers fail to properly maintain their vehicles, the resulting repair costs dwarf the money that could have been budgeted to maintain their car” —Art Jacobsen, vice president, CarMD.com Corporation.
“As a result, CarMD reached out to our ASE-certified Master Tech committee to confirm the top 10 most damaging mistakes drivers make. We believe this information will help consumers save money in the long run and plan better as they care for what is often their second largest purchase.”
No. 3 in the top 10, “not changing your oil” was also listed by technicians as by far the single most damaging car maintenance item that their customers neglect that they wish they could change. Dirty oil ruins today’s high-tech engines. Camshaft actuators can freeze when restricted by dirty oil, and a faulty camshaft actuator can in turn cause the “check engine” light to illuminate, resulting in complete engine failure if ignored for too long. Simply following the factory-recommended oil change schedule helps vehicle owners avoid this problem, along with potentially hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in extra repair costs.
Ignoring the “check engine” light is another example of how putting off repairs on a small problem can escalate to an expensive repair. According to the CarMD Vehicle Health Index, the most common reason for a “check engine” light is a faulty oxygen (O2) sensor. A dirty air filter (<$20 repair) can result in an O2 sensor failure (<$250 repair), which can in turn result in substantial gas mileage reduction, cause the vehicle to misfire and eventually result in the need for an expensive catalytic converter replacement (>$1,000 repair). That’s why it’s so important to have your car’s air filter replaced as recommended by your service manual, and to address “check engine” warnings as soon as possible.
Please be sure to follow your factory-recommended maintenance schedule to ensure the health of your vehicle!
Have a great week!
Who doesn’t love a nice & heart-warming story on a Friday?!
Gary Schoch, a Reston resident and long-time customer of Koons Tysons Toyota, couldn’t believe his luck when he received a call from Toyota’s corporate office. Like thousands of other customers, Gary had submitted his name in a drawing box while servicing his 2002 Toyota Prius at Koons Tysons Toyota in May. A month later, he received the call that would change his life forever. He’s now the proud owner of a brand new 2013 Toyota Prius C, compliments of Toyota!!
In an interview with Toyota executives, Gary was extremely enthusiastic about the service he receives at Koons Tysons Toyota — especially from his service advisor, Frank Lewis. At the award ceremony, the dealership’s General Manager, Jack Ballinghoff, told the crowd:
“This win could not have happened to a nicer guy! Gary’s been a wonderful customer at our service center, and we look forward to helping maintain his new hybrid!”
Congratulations, Gary, for a win that is richly deserved!!
Can you believe it’s almost Labor Day? Ford is making this Labor Day extra special with some incredible incentives!
Koons Ford is proud to announce the 2013 Ford Labor Day Sales Event, going on for a limited time! Choose from thousands of Koons Ford vehicles at all four Koons locations – Koons Baltimore Ford, Koons Silver Spring Ford, Koons Falls Church Ford, and Koons Sterling Ford. Choose from thousands of Koons Ford new vehicles at special WOW prices, now through Labor Day! Fill out the form to the right and someone will be in contact with you.
The Ford Labor Day Sales Event offers 0% financing for 60 months PLUS incredible Ford Bonus Cash up to $3,000 AND No Payments for 90 Days on 12 popular Ford models:
- 2014 & 2013 Ford Mustang
- 2014 & 2013 Ford Focus
- 2013 Ford Fiesta
- 2013 Ford C-max Energi
- 2013 Ford Fusion
- 2013 Ford F-150
- 2013 Ford F-250
- 2013 Ford Escape
- 2013 Ford Edge
- 2013 Ford Expedition
- 2013 Ford Taurus
- 2013 Ford Flex
For only a limited time, get 0% APR for 60 months PLUS up to $3,000 Bonus Cash from Ford, AND no payments for 90 days. Specific incentives include*:
2013 Fiesta, 2013 C-max Energi, 2013 Fusion Energi, 2014 Focus, 2014 Mustang
- Koons Baltimore Ford, serving customers in Ellicott City MD, Gaithersburg MD, Glen Burnie MD, Columbia MD and all around the Baltimore MD area.
- Koons Silver Spring Ford, serving customers in Silver Spring MD, Wheaton MD, Bethesda MD, Rockville MD, Gaithersburg MD, Lanham MD, Annapolis MD and Washington DC.
- Koons Falls Church Ford, serving customers in Arlington VA, Falls Church VA, Alexandria VA, Springfield VA, Woodbridge VA, Tysons Corner VA, Vienna VA and all around the Washington DC area.
- Koons Sterling Ford, serving customers in Sterling VA, Reston VA, Herndon VA, Chantilly VA, Manassas VA, Fairfax VA, Leesburg VA, Tysons Corner VA, Vienna VA and all around the Washington DC area.
I hope everyone has a great rest of Summer, and Labor Day!