Category Archives: Holiday
Happy Labor Day!
This weekend, please take some time to remember the reason for the holiday, and to honor the social and economic achievements of all American workers. This Labor Day, let’s celebrate what makes our country great – hard work and determination!
In addition, be sure to take advantage of our incredible offers this weekend – and they all end on Monday! Here are a few of the many offers we have available at various Koons locations. For specific details and to view our inventory and locations, head over to Koons.com where thousands of vehicles await you!
- 0% APR for 60 months PLUS up to $3,000 Cash Back PLUS No Payments for 90 Days on 12 different models!
- $500 Holiday Bonus Cash on Camry. This offer can be combined with all other incentives.
- 0% APR for 60 months on Corolla.
- 0% APR for 60 months + up to $750 Customer Cash on Prius.
- $500 Holiday Bonus Cash on all Chevrolet-brand vehicles in addition to current incentives. Excludes 2013 Silverado Ext Cab and CrewCab.
- 0% APR for 60 months or up to $2,500 Customer Cash on Malibu.
- 0% APR for 36 months or up to $1,500 Customer Cash on Camaro.
- $500 Holiday Bonus Cash in addition to all incentives on Nissan Altima, Sentra, Pathfinder and Rogue.
- 0% APR for 60 months + $1,100 Customer Cash on Altima.
- 0% APR for 60 months + $2,800 Customer Cash on Rogue.
Plus, incredible savings and WOW pricing, only at Koons, on vehicles from Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Volvo, Mazda, Lincoln, Kia, Lexus and Mercedes-Benz! Check out Koons.com for the entire list!
Wishing you and your family a Happy and Safe Labor Day,
Today, we reflect upon all of those who have made the ultimate sacrifice to defend the freedom of our great country. This weekend we celebrate the lives of these individuals through the observance of Memorial Day.
A quick history lesson – Memorial Day was originally called Decoration Day, a day of remembrance of those who have died in our nation’s service. Memorial Day was first observed on May 30, 1868, where flowers were laid at the graves of Confederate soldiers at Arlington National Cemetery.
As fellow Americans, let’s unite during this most sacred of holidays to honor those who have allowed us to enjoy our freedom and diversity. Whether you attend a parade to honor military personnel, or visit Arlington National Cemetery to say “thank you,” or simply observe a moment of silence, it is important to always remember that freedom isn’t “free” – and it is this price that we honor on this holiday.
Have a wonderful Holiday!
Happy pre-Memorial Day Weekend!
In the event you happen to be shopping for a car this weekend, I thought I’d write up a quick blog post about all-new offers right from the manufacturers that could save you thousand’s on a new vehicle this weekend! Before you go out shopping be sure to do your homework – there are a lot of resources out there to help you find the right vehicle for your needs!
Here are a few new offers that were just announced for this weekend only:
- Toyota: 0% APR for 60 months on 7 models: RAV-4, Corolla, Venza, Sienna, Highlander, Tundra (B/C Cab) and Tundra CrewMax; $500 Customer Bonus Cash on Corolla, RAV-4 and Highlander; or $199 lease on the all-new 2012 Toyota Camry!
- Chevrolet: 0% APR for 60 months on Malibu; or $159/month lease on Cruze; or 0% for 60 months on the rugged Silverado!
- Ford: up to $2,000 off Ford Focus; up to $3,250 off Ford Fusion; or up to $3,250 off 2012 Escape – or 0% APR for 60 months!
- Kia: up to $6,000 Optima; up to $4,000 off Sportage; up to $7,000 off Sorento; or up to $4,000 off Forte
- Jeep: Sign n’ Drive Event featuring Grand Cherokee for $389/month and $0 due-at-signing; Wrangler for $369/month and $0 due-at-signing; or Patriot for $279/month and $0 due-at-signing.
Also to be sure to check out Koons.com and view all of our inventory of over 5,000 vehicles and 16 automotive brands that we represent. Another great resource for car shopping this weekend is AOL Auto’s column on Memorial Day vehicle savings.
Whatever you’re doing this weekend – make it a Happy and Safe Holiday weekend!
We hope you’re all enjoying your day off on this fine Presidents’ Day. In celebration of this national holiday, let’s take a few minutes to remember how our day off originated. Presidents’ Day was established to take one day to honor all American Presidents, but most significantly Abraham Lincoln and George Washington.
Initially, a day was set forth to celebrate George Washington’s birthday but many also saw fit to honor Abraham Lincoln’s birthday which was quite close to Washington’s. In 1968, things changed as the 90th Congress created a uniform system for Monday federal holidays. The law took effect in 1971 to change Washington’s birthday to the third Monday in February. The resulting controversy was sparked amongst citizens, politicians and entire states refused to honor the change. In protest, several states such as California and Idaho named the day Presidents’ Day. Today, the name ‘Presidents’ Day’ is widely accepted. For those of you in the DC area, it’s a great day to visit the monuments!
We’ve got our own celebration going on for Presidents’ Day. Check it out here:
Have a great Holiday!