A/C System Service in April. Yes, You Read That Right!
Repeat after me: It’s going to be warm soon, it’s going to be warm soon, it’s going to be warm soon. Good, now that we all believe that fact, even while there is still snow on the ground, let’s talk about your vehicle’s A/C system. Eventually, I promise, you will need it in the next coming months!
if you just want to be extra sure your A/C system is working properly and ready to handle the summer months, log onto koons.com
The A/C System in your vehicle relies on many important components to run properly and remove the heat from your cars interior, allowing you to ride cool comfortably. The key components of the A/C system in your car include a compressor, evaporator, pressurized refrigerant, valves and hoses, all of which are controlled electronically. In order to work properly your A/C system needs to be free from leaks and contamination. A common cause for inadequate cooling is when the refrigerant leaks through worn seals and O-rings.
There are a few warning signs you can look out for to make sure you’re A/C system is working properly:
- Your A/C system doesn’t cool properly
- The fan/blower doesn’t work when set in A/C mode
- Loud noises when you turn on your A/C
- Your vehicle stalls or idles roughly when you turn on the A/C
- Your vehicle runs hot or overheats when you use the A/C
- Some or all of the dash controls don’t work when you try to use them
- Your heater, top and side vents, or de-froster doesn’t work
- Water on your vehicle’s floor mats or carpeting
- Unusual odors from interior vents
Your cars A/C is something that is easy to forget about, especially when you’re in the middle of freak snow storms but it’s only a matter of days before the temperature starts to to hit the 90’s. If your A/C has any of the above issues, or if you just want to be extra sure your A/C system is working properly and ready to handle the summer months, log onto koons.com and schedule an appointment with your nearest dealership. ♛