Koons 25 Days of Giving, and We’ve Reached the End!
What a year we’ve had and the last 25 days has been amazing!
As we said when we kicked off the 25 Days of Giving program, Koons Automotive takes pride in giving back to the communities in which we are located. For the past fifty years that we have been in existence we always find ways to help where it makes the most sense. This year we launched our “Koons 25 Days of giving” where we gave to 25 charities (well actually 29, but who’s counting), here is a list of all the groups we helped out:
- 12/1/13 – Urban Alliance, Tysons VA
- 12/2/13 – Habitat for Humanity, Easton MD
- 12/3/13 – Boys and Girls Club of Westminster, Westminster MD
- 12/3/13 – Carroll Hospice, Westminster MD
- 12/4/13 – Salvation Army, Arlington VA
- 12/5/13 – Phillips Program, Arlington VA
- 12/6/13 – Jill’s House, Tysons VA
- 12/7/13 – Cancer Center, Westminster MD
- 12/8/13 – March of Dimes, Annapolis MD
- 12/9/13 – Easton Church of God – Al Trojanowski, Easton MD
- 12/10/13 – Children’s Charities Foundation, Arlington VA
- 12/10/13 – Jubilee Housing, Arlington VA
- 12/11/13 – Dreams for Kids – Holiday for Hope, Tysons VA
- 12/12/13 – YMCA of the Chesapeake, Easton MD
- 12/13/13 – Target Community, Westminster MD
- 12/13/13 – Human Services Programs of Carroll County, Westminster MD
- 12/14/13 – Anne Arundel County Literacy Council, Annapolis MD
- 12/15/13 – L’Arche Greater Washington, Arlington VA
- 12/16/13 – Don Bosco Cristo Rey, Tysons VA
- 12/17/13 – Alternative House, Tysons VA
- 12/18/13 – Youth Leadership Foundation, Tysons VA
- 12/19/13 – Carroll County Senior Center, Westminster MD
- 12/20/13 – Autism Speaks, Annapolis MD
- 12/21/13 – First Book, Tysons VA
- 12/22/13 – Deaf Independent Living Association, Easton MD
- 12/23/13 – Penn-Marr, Westminster, MD
- 12/24/13 – JDRF, Annapolis MD
- 12/24/13 – Chive Charities, Annapolis MD
- 12/25/13 – Our Military Kids, Tysons VA
Here is a link to the 25 Days of Giving Facebook Photo Album for this years efforts.
Giving anyone anything is always fun, and along the way we had to modify our plans and accommodate some of you who took us up on our challenge to match our donations, so that made this year’s giving even more fun. Specifically, we added a donation to the Salvation Army who had some of their holiday donations stolen. We also had a few organizations reach out to us as they heard what we were doing and we were able to help them as well! The kind words of support and notes of encouragement have been great and as a company we are certainly blessed to be able to help out like this.
We’re looking forward to giving more in next year, so stay tuned, and Happy 2014!