Save a Few MPG While Visiting Family & Friends for Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Who’s ready for Turkey Day and some Black Friday shopping?
I’m excited to have some free time to start blogging again! With all the heavy traffic out there, I thought everyone could use some tips on how to save a few MPG’s while you’re out visiting friends and family or out bargain shopping.
Here are a few simple, yet effective, ways to improve fuel-efficiency:
- Keep your windows closed when driving
- Remove weight by taking out un-needed items from your car/trunk
- Quite simply – drive slower
- If possible, avoid the stop-and-go traffic by taking back roads to and from your destinations
- Remember to check your tire pressure before heading out, as this is a good way to ensure a safe vehicle and enhance MPG’s
For those of you who are out hunting for bargains this Friday, be sure to stay warm and have fun. To pack in as many bargains as possible, a good amount of cargo space makes it possible to gather all of those goodies. With this in mind, we’re happy to see that cars like the Volvo XC70, Scion xB and Chevrolet Cruze are amongst the contenders for Kicking Tires’ “Best Cars for Black Friday Shopping.”
Have fun, be safe, and most of all – celebrate this great holiday with family and friends. Happy Thanksgiving from the Koons Family to yours!
Posted on November 23, 2011, in Automotive and tagged Black Friday, Camry, Chevrolet, Chevy, Chevy Cruze, Ford, fuel savings, Fuel-Economy, Fuel-Efficiency, Koons, Krystal Koons, MPG, Scion, Scion xB, shopping, Thanksgiving, Toyota, Toyota Camry, traffic, Volvo, XC70. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.