We’re so excited to introduce the all-new 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA!
The all-new 2014 CLA is more than a stunning four-door coupe crafted in the uncompromising Mercedes-Benz tradition. And it’s even more than an extraordinary automobile with a price that’s equally remarkable. It’s simply further proof that at Mercedes-Benz, doing something new isn’t really new at all.
Check out our Mercedes-Benz website now to schedule a test drive, and to see our CLA inventory!
Here are some specific features available on the new CLA:
- Aggressive, four-door design with studded sport grille
- Turbocharged, 208-hp inline-4 engine delivering 258 lb-ft of torque
- Advanced dual-clutch 7-speed automatic transmission with shift paddles
- Front sport seats and three-spoke multifunction sport steering wheel
- Available Driver Assistance Package featuring adaptive cruise control, Blind Spot Assist and Lane Keeping Assist
- Optional Sport Package includes sport bodystyling, 18-inch wheels and front sport brakes
- Available limited-production Launch Edition
As usual, Mercedes-Benz doesn’t disappoint. You can have all of this vehicle starting at $29,900!! WOW!
Come in soon to take it for a spin!
If you can believe it, Fall is right around the corner! Fall is also a great time to get the necessary repairs completed on your vehicle. Here are some useful Fall maintenance tips from AAA:
- Oil change: many motorists believe their cars’ oil should be changed ever 3,000 miles; however, most late-model vehicles now can go 5-7,000 miles between oil changes. Check your owner’s manual and get on a routine to good car care to ensure your vehicle performs optimally!
- Tires: check tire pressures and tread depth. Check the pressure on all the tires – including the spare – with a quality gauge when the tires are cold. Be sure to look for recommended pressure on the driver’s door jamb and NOT the tire wall.
- Battery: ensure the battery cable connections are tight, and the terminals are free from corrosion. If the battery is more than three years old, it’s a good idea to have it tested to determine how much life it has left.
- Wiper blades: wiper blades should completely clear the glass with each swipe. Make sure the windshield washer reservoir is filled.
In addition, Chrysler’s Mopar division offers more tips to get your vehicle ready for cooler weather.
“Preventative maintenance helps vehicles perform at optimum levels in a variety of weather conditions” – Pat Dougherty, Mopar
- Brakes: summer travel gives brake pads a heavy workout, resulting in the removal of thin layers. Now is the time to check pads, shoes, rotors, drums, calipers, wheel cylinders, brake hardware and the parking brake for wear and tear.
- Air Filter: the air filter is designed to protect your engine from airborne contaminants. Poor air flow to the engine inhibits performance and generates greater fuel consumption. A new air filter allows clean, unrestricted air flow into the engine and helps ensure proper performance for a longer life.
- Headlamps and Taillamps: days become shorter in the fall and winter, meaning more nighttime driving and increased usage of headlamps and taillamps. Inspect and test all lamps on your vehicle to ensure proper function and proper alignment.
Corolla L Corolla LE Corolla LE Eco Corolla S
Hello Toyota Fans!
We’re so excited for the launch of the all-new 2014 Toyota Corolla! Toyota created a stylish exterior, a premium interior with upgraded features, and enough technology to satisfy your entire network. They took the best of everything we love about driving and perfected it. Corolla has truly evolved!
The all-new 2014 Toyota Corolla comes in 4 different models, each with its own exciting options:
2014 Toyota Corolla L
- Bluetooth® connectivity
- USB port
- LED headlights and Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Power windows
- Eight airbags
2014 Toyota Corolla LE
- Available Entune Audio with 6.1-in. touch-screen display
- Integrated backup camera with projected path
- Remote keyless entry
- Automatic climate control
- Cruise control
2014 Toyota Corolla LE Eco
- EPA-estimated 42 mpg
- Valvematic engine technology
- Integrated rear spoiler
2014 Toyota Corolla S
- Unique piano-black front grille
- Integrated rear spoiler
- Integrated fog lights
- Chrome-tipped exhaust
- Leather-trimmed steering wheel
- 3.5-in. TFT Multi-Information Display
So, what makes the all-new 2014 Toyota Corolla so great?
Can efficiency be exciting? When it means an EPA-estimated 42 highway mpg and 30 city mpg,it can. Corolla LE Eco was designed with a thirst for adventure, not fuel, because no one takes a trip and wants to talk about all the gas stations they visited.
Entune Premium Audio with Navigation and App Suite
Technology to make life easier. Available Entune Premium Audio with Navigation and App Suite brings a whole new level of tech and convenience to Corolla with a 6.1-in. touch-screen display, backup camera, navigation and a suite of apps to help you stay connected.
Koons Arlington Toyota: serving customers in Arlington VA, Springfield VA, Alexandria VA and Washington DC
Koons Annapolis Toyota: serving customers in Annapolis MD, Bowie MD, Clarksville MD, Laurel MD and Baltimore MD
Koons Easton Toyota: serving customers in Easton MD, Cambridge MD, Salisbury MD and the entire Eastern Shore of Maryland
Koons Tysons Toyota: serving customers in Tysons Corner VA, Vienna VA, Fairfax VA, Chantilly VA, Leesburg VA, Sterling VA, Reston VA, Springfield VA, Woodbridge VA and the entire Washington DC area
Koons Westminster Toyota: serving customers in Westminster MD, Frederick MD, Hanover PA, and Baltimore MD
Stop in to one of our Toyota locations for a test drive of the all-new 2014 Toyota Corolla!
We’re so excited to offer our Annapolis MD customers an all-new experience at Koons Annapolis Toyota! The renovation of the entire Koons Annapolis Toyota complex is quickly underway, with Phase I almost complete: the state-of-the-art Toyota Certified Service Center.
Once the Service Center is complete (early-September), the construction crew will move to the new car showroom which should be complete by year-end.
Service customers will encounter a completely new and improved service experience at our new facility, including:
- 50% more service bays (34 total) means faster service!
- Drive-in service lanes provide fast and convenient service to all customers.
- Complimentary car wash with service provides a squeaky clean vehicle upon redelivery. Also, our car wash uses recycled water to help limit runoff that damages the environment!
- State-of-the-Art customer lounge complete with free wi-fi, comfortable accommodations and a fireplace to make you feel right at home!
- Double the parking!
- Shuttle service available to all service customers.
- Onsite Toyota Rent-a-Car
“We are so excited to provide our customers an all-new service experience at the only Certified Toyota Service & Collision Center in Annapolis. Be sure to stop by and see our new look!” –Wendell Williams, General Manager
And, as always, we have many service specials for all of our Toyota customers. See all service specials here.
Be sure to check back for regular updates of our construction!
Thanks to our friends at BWW Geeks World for this article and the great tips!
When it comes to today’s high tech cars and trucks, most drivers understand that following a scheduled maintenance program almost always costs less than paying for expensive repair surprises down the road. But which mistakes, bad decisions and missed maintenance items do the most damage to your vehicles? CarMD.com Corporation surveyed its team of Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)-certified Master Technicians, which has more than 840 years of combined experience repairing cars, to reveal the following top 10 maintenance mistakes car owners make when caring (or not caring) for their vehicles.
- Putting off recommended / scheduled maintenance
- Ignoring the “check engine” light
- Not changing the oil, or not having it changed on time
- Not checking tire pressure
- Neglecting coolant, brake, transmission and other fluid services
- Continuing to drive when the vehicle is overheating
- Not changing fuel and air filters
- Having unqualified shops service your vehicle
- Using generic aftermarket parts instead of original equipment manufacturer (OEM)-quality parts
- Trying to service your own high-tech vehicle
“When consumers fail to properly maintain their vehicles, the resulting repair costs dwarf the money that could have been budgeted to maintain their car” –Art Jacobsen, vice president, CarMD.com Corporation.
“As a result, CarMD reached out to our ASE-certified Master Tech committee to confirm the top 10 most damaging mistakes drivers make. We believe this information will help consumers save money in the long run and plan better as they care for what is often their second largest purchase.”
No. 3 in the top 10, “not changing your oil” was also listed by technicians as by far the single most damaging car maintenance item that their customers neglect that they wish they could change. Dirty oil ruins today’s high-tech engines. Camshaft actuators can freeze when restricted by dirty oil, and a faulty camshaft actuator can in turn cause the “check engine” light to illuminate, resulting in complete engine failure if ignored for too long. Simply following the factory-recommended oil change schedule helps vehicle owners avoid this problem, along with potentially hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in extra repair costs.
Ignoring the “check engine” light is another example of how putting off repairs on a small problem can escalate to an expensive repair. According to the CarMD Vehicle Health Index, the most common reason for a “check engine” light is a faulty oxygen (O2) sensor. A dirty air filter (<$20 repair) can result in an O2 sensor failure (<$250 repair), which can in turn result in substantial gas mileage reduction, cause the vehicle to misfire and eventually result in the need for an expensive catalytic converter replacement (>$1,000 repair). That’s why it’s so important to have your car’s air filter replaced as recommended by your service manual, and to address “check engine” warnings as soon as possible.
Please be sure to follow your factory-recommended maintenance schedule to ensure the health of your vehicle!
Have a great week!
Who doesn’t love a nice & heart-warming story on a Friday?!
Gary Schoch, a Reston resident and long-time customer of Koons Tysons Toyota, couldn’t believe his luck when he received a call from Toyota’s corporate office. Like thousands of other customers, Gary had submitted his name in a drawing box while servicing his 2002 Toyota Prius at Koons Tysons Toyota in May. A month later, he received the call that would change his life forever. He’s now the proud owner of a brand new 2013 Toyota Prius C, compliments of Toyota!!
In an interview with Toyota executives, Gary was extremely enthusiastic about the service he receives at Koons Tysons Toyota — especially from his service advisor, Frank Lewis. At the award ceremony, the dealership’s General Manager, Jack Ballinghoff, told the crowd:
“This win could not have happened to a nicer guy! Gary’s been a wonderful customer at our service center, and we look forward to helping maintain his new hybrid!”
Congratulations, Gary, for a win that is richly deserved!!
Can you believe it’s almost Labor Day? Ford is making this Labor Day extra special with some incredible incentives!
Koons Ford is proud to announce the 2013 Ford Labor Day Sales Event, going on for a limited time! Choose from thousands of Koons Ford vehicles at all four Koons locations – Koons Baltimore Ford, Koons Silver Spring Ford, Koons Falls Church Ford, and Koons Sterling Ford. Choose from thousands of Koons Ford new vehicles at special WOW prices, now through Labor Day! Fill out the form to the right and someone will be in contact with you.
The Ford Labor Day Sales Event offers 0% financing for 60 months PLUS incredible Ford Bonus Cash up to $3,000 AND No Payments for 90 Days on 12 popular Ford models:
- 2014 & 2013 Ford Mustang
- 2014 & 2013 Ford Focus
- 2013 Ford Fiesta
- 2013 Ford C-max Energi
- 2013 Ford Fusion
- 2013 Ford F-150
- 2013 Ford F-250
- 2013 Ford Escape
- 2013 Ford Edge
- 2013 Ford Expedition
- 2013 Ford Taurus
- 2013 Ford Flex
For only a limited time, get 0% APR for 60 months PLUS up to $3,000 Bonus Cash from Ford, AND no payments for 90 days. Specific incentives include*:
2013 Fiesta, 2013 C-max Energi, 2013 Fusion Energi, 2014 Focus, 2014 Mustang
- Koons Baltimore Ford, serving customers in Ellicott City MD, Gaithersburg MD, Glen Burnie MD, Columbia MD and all around the Baltimore MD area.
- Koons Silver Spring Ford, serving customers in Silver Spring MD, Wheaton MD, Bethesda MD, Rockville MD, Gaithersburg MD, Lanham MD, Annapolis MD and Washington DC.
- Koons Falls Church Ford, serving customers in Arlington VA, Falls Church VA, Alexandria VA, Springfield VA, Woodbridge VA, Tysons Corner VA, Vienna VA and all around the Washington DC area.
- Koons Sterling Ford, serving customers in Sterling VA, Reston VA, Herndon VA, Chantilly VA, Manassas VA, Fairfax VA, Leesburg VA, Tysons Corner VA, Vienna VA and all around the Washington DC area.
I hope everyone has a great rest of Summer, and Labor Day!
Calling all Chevrolet Fans!
We’ve got some great news to share. Chevy is so confident that you will love your new vehicle that they’re now putting a guarantee on it. Love It or Return It. It’s that simple. Now through September 4th, if you aren’t satisfied with your new vehicle, simply return it. It’s called “Chevy Confidence,” and it’s brought to you by Chevrolet and available here at Koons Chevrolet Buick GMC in Tysons Corner or Koons Chevrolet in White Marsh, Maryland.
MSN Money calls it ‘a stroke of Genius,’ and we couldn’t agree more! From preferred pricing to a money-back guarantee, what better time to purchase a Chevy than now. For full program details, please see the Chevy Confidence section of Koons.com.
And, for a little bit of humor – even the dogs love Chevy Confidence!
Congratulations to several Koons brands for being a recipient of the recent AutoPacific/Autobytel ‘Vehicle Satisfaction’ award for 2012. The overall brand winners were two brands that Koons proudly sells: Mercedes-Benz for luxury brands, and Buick for popular brands.
According to AutoPacific, based on the largest single-model-year survey of automotive owners, the Vehicle Satisfaction Awards are designed to help consumers make informed vehicle purchase decisions with a true “word of mouth” survey. More than 75,000 vehicle owners across all major manufacturers were surveyed based on their satisfaction of the current vehicle they own.
Koons is proud to represent several of the winners in the following categories:
Top Rated Premium Luxury Car 2012 Mercedes-Benz S-Class
Top Rated Aspirational Luxury Car 2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class
Top Rated Luxury Mid-Size Car 2012 Lincoln MKZ
Top Rated Large Car 2012 Chrysler 300
Top Rated Economy 2012 Chevrolet Sonic
Top Rated Sports Car 2012 Chevrolet Corvette
Top Rated Sporty Car 2012 Scion tC
Top Rated Heavy Duty Pickup 2012 Ford F-Series Super Duty
Top Rated Large Light Duty Pickup 2012 Ford F-150
Top Rated Compact Pickup 2012 Nissan Frontier
Top Rated Large SUV 2012 GMC Yukon
Top Rated Premium Mid-Size SUV 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Top Rated Luxury Crossover SUV 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML
Top Rated Large Crossover SUV 2012 Chevrolet Traverse
Top Rated Hybrid/EV Truck / SUV 2012 Lexus RX450h Hybrid
Congratulations to all the winners! For more information about Koons Automotive, please visit Koons.com.
Today, we reflect upon all of those who have made the ultimate sacrifice to defend the freedom of our great country. This weekend we celebrate the lives of these individuals through the observance of Memorial Day.
A quick history lesson – Memorial Day was originally called Decoration Day, a day of remembrance of those who have died in our nation’s service. Memorial Day was first observed on May 30, 1868, where flowers were laid at the graves of Confederate soldiers at Arlington National Cemetery.
As fellow Americans, let’s unite during this most sacred of holidays to honor those who have allowed us to enjoy our freedom and diversity. Whether you attend a parade to honor military personnel, or visit Arlington National Cemetery to say “thank you,” or simply observe a moment of silence, it is important to always remember that freedom isn’t “free” – and it is this price that we honor on this holiday.
Have a wonderful Holiday!